- Removes organic contaminants
- Cover the surface of the wafer with Acetone.
- Thoroughly scrub the surface of the wafer with a swab.
- Rinse the wafer with IPA.
- Blow dry the wafer with N2 gun.
- Photoresist Stripper
- O2 Plasma Etching
- O2 plasma etching will remove organic films and residues. O2 plasma etching can be done in the PE2 or the Branson.
- Link to PE2
- RCA Clean
- Removes organic, oxide, and metallic contaminants
- Organic Clean: Removal of insoluble organic contaminants with a 5:1:1 H2O:H2O2:NH4OH solution.
- Oxide Strip: Removal of a thin silicon dioxide layer where metallic contaminants may accumulated as a result of (I), using a diluted 20:1 H2O:HF solution.
- Ionic Clean: Removal of ionic and heavy metal atomic contaminants using a solution of 6:1:1 H2O:H2O2: HCl.
- Piranha Clean
- Removes organic materials (photoresist, oil, etc.)
- WARNINGS: Do not use Piranha clean on aluminum
- Mix 98% H2SO4 (sulfuric acid) and 30% H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) in volume ratios of 2-4:1
- Heat to 100°C